4 consequences of not changing the oil in your bikeBike tips
There are external factors that make it necessary to change the oil more frequently, ideally, visit your trusted workshop. Also, keep in mind that you should change the filter every time you change the oil to prevent the accumulation of debris that prevents optimum circulation and allow lubricant so that filtering remains effective.
By not having the protective film generates oil, the parts wear out faster, and residues of this wear are entrained with the flow of lubricant. Ie, not having the lubricant in good condition are shortening the life of parts more expensive than a simple oil change, while dirtied and make it lose its protective property. Normally the oil should be changed between 4,000 and 6,000km, but it never hurts to review a professional, if you have any questions.
This is certainly one of the most costly breakdowns to which you can deal with your bike. In combustion engines, metal parts rub, producing heat, which eventually dilates. I wear, heat, and dilation are added insufficient lubrication, the parts may jam and not permit movement. The oil protects the parts from rubbing together and cooled, avoiding the generation of excessive heat. The oil change is a bargain price compared to the cost of dealing with the seizure of the engine.
Break rod caps
The connecting rod transmits the movement articulating the piston and the crankshaft. Caps are a link of the processing chain of reciprocating (piston) in a rotary (crankshaft). Breakage thereof can be caused due to wear and heat generated by the large friction force.
The oil protects, again, components with a film and insulates the heat produced by friction. Remember that we work with the leading brand in the world of motorcycle: Castrol. In oils, a good brand is quality assurance.
Noises caused by lack of lubrication
The lubrication prevents the metal of the different engine parts in contact. The friction between the different metal components generates noise when driving. As oil is insufficient or in poor condition, the friction generated metal filings that will remain in the oil and go through the remainder of the circuit. These residues can damage other parts and generate premature wear, as mentioned in the first point.
For this reason, it is so important that both the oil and the filter are in good condition. The oil filter contains impurities for a time but may become clogged. The longer the dirty oil flow through the engine generates more damage.
Look at prices and evaluate if it is worth the risk.
While oil change is not complicated or costly, it is vital for the proper functioning of your bike. It is also one of the preventive maintenance tasks that can avoid really expensive breakdowns. Remember that prevention is always better and consult a professional with any questions you have.
- 3 key oil your bikeThe lubricant forms a thin layer between two solid […]
- ITV. Basic tipsNote that if it is a moped, you must do the first […]
- 4 consequences of no…There are external factors that make it necessary to […]
- Everything you need …See and be seen is always important, especially if you […]
- Motorcycle vacation.…To imagine a motorcycle trip recognize that they can […]
- 5 Signs that have pr…The brakes are not one of them. They depend on your […]
- How does heat the ti…This summer, there will be changes, and increased […]
- 9 tips to save gas w…Load gasoline morning In principle, it seems that when […]
- 5 ways to extend the…Check the tire pressure of the bike The tire […]
- Heated grips. Smooth…While the bike is associated with good weather, we […]
- Offenses dangerous r…No. 1 lead to inadequate speed The proper speed to […]
- 6 tips for keeping y…Cleaning the motorcycle is essential Clean the bike […]
- How heated grips for…Hands are exposed to speed and are one of the body […]
- 7 standard errors of…Driving speeding We love speed. The adrenaline rush […]
- How to avoid problem…Almost all happened to us ever get on the bike and not […]
- How to choose the ta…For this reason, it is very important to know the […]
- Types of tires for m…Types of tires by use 1 Tires off road Are the tires […]
- Filters for motorcyc…Filters are critical to prolonging the life of […]
- 5 Implications of br…On the other hand, it is very important to choose the […]