5 Signs that have problems with the brakes of your bikeProfessional opinion
The brakes are not one of them. They depend on your safety and those who share the roads with you.
Hard brake pedal
It is one of the most common signs and can be caused by several reasons, such as the pads are dirty or stained with grease or oil. Being a porous surface, they are impregnated with the foreign agent and form a film that reduces braking. Another reason may be that the pills have crystallized. This term is used when braking a higher temperature than normal is generated, causing the resin of the friction material becomes liquid and give a shine to the surface of the brake pads and ultra-hard texture. It can also happen that the brake discs are damaged or have problems with the brake booster, which is the mechanism that multiplies the driver’s effort to stop the bike.
Vibrations when braking
Feel a vibration when braking the bike it may be warped discs have, ie, they are not deformed and presenting undulations. Consequently, braking is not homogeneous and may result in a small vibration.
The wheel bearings are worn, as well as an incorrect balance may be other causes of vibration.
Noises when braking the bike
Listen to the brakes “chirp” is not a pleasant feeling, even less when we love driving and enjoy our bike. The reason may be that the brake pads are accumulating dirt, metallic particles, or powder (for example, by not using the bike frequently) or are very worn. The brake discs are worn considerably will prevent them from absorbing the heat generated by friction with the pads and as a result, can emit noise. It is also possible that there is friction between elements that should not exist. For this reason and if you do not know in depth the operation of the brakes, it is a professional conduct a review.
spongy pedal braking
The most common cause is the presence of air in the hydraulic braking system. By exerting pressure on the liquid air, it is when the spongy feeling is generated. In this case, the circuit must be purged to remove all air. Another possible cause may be that the brake fluid is not in good condition. It is a substance that tends to absorb humidity. When the brakes acquire high temperatures present in the brake, fluid water evaporates, and this results in a strange feeling on the pedal. Another possible cause may be a mechanical problem related to the brake caliper has been galling or the piston or hoses it may not work properly.
Forwarding the bike when braking
The causes of the bike when braking can be diverted several, and they all need the action of a professional. Think you have control of the bike. It is critical to avoid accidents. Even if you feel that is not important and you can control it, think driving, a split second you take to react or respond later the bike to your order, might cause an accident.
- How to avoid problem…Almost all happened to us ever get on the bike and not […]
- How to choose the ta…For this reason, it is very important to know the […]
- 6 tips for keeping y…Cleaning the motorcycle is essential Clean the bike […]
- 5 ways to extend the…Check the tire pressure of the bike The tire […]
- 4 consequences of no…There are external factors that make it necessary to […]
- Heated grips. Smooth…While the bike is associated with good weather, we […]
- Motorcycle vacation.…To imagine a motorcycle trip recognize that they can […]
- Everything you need …See and be seen is always important, especially if you […]
- 5 Signs that have pr…The brakes are not one of them. They depend on your […]
- 9 tips to save gas w…Load gasoline morning In principle, it seems that when […]
- Choosing Motorcycle …The arrival of the cold and rain should not force you […]
- How heated grips for…Hands are exposed to speed and are one of the body […]
- ITV. Basic tipsNote that if it is a moped, you must do the first […]
- Offenses dangerous r…No. 1 lead to inadequate speed The proper speed to […]
- Filters for motorcyc…Filters are critical to prolonging the life of […]
- 5 Implications of br…On the other hand, it is very important to choose the […]
- Types of tires for m…Types of tires by use 1 Tires off road Are the tires […]
- How does heat the ti…This summer, there will be changes, and increased […]
- 7 standard errors of…Driving speeding We love speed. The adrenaline rush […]
- 3 key oil your bikeThe lubricant forms a thin layer between two solid […]