5 ways to extend the life of your bike tiresBike beauty
Check the tire pressure of the bike
The tire manufacturer indicates suitable strength. If the pressure is too high, it will result in excessive wear of the central band and reduced adherence to reduce the “footprint” of contact with the ground. As a result, the stability will be affected, and pavement irregularities are more noticeable.
However, if the pressure is not enough, overheating of the tire to increase the contact surface with the ground will occur. The bike will seem more massive and lose the driving agility.
Check pressure every two weeks and do not forget the tires are cold because the temperature of the same pressure will vary. Sometimes it may be advisable to slightly modify the manufacturer depending on the number of passengers and local conditions driving.
Balancing motorcycle tires
It is common to hear that it is not necessary for balancing motorcycle tires; however it is not valid. The right balance will achieve a homogeneous distribution of burdens that will allow optimum wheelspin and prevent annoying vibrations often feel on the handlebars. In this way, driving is more pleasant and at the same time, will prolong the life of the tires to generate even wear.
Control of tire valves
We recommend changing the pipes whenever you change tires. They are responsible for maintaining airtightness. Turning the wheels to generate a pressure which is supported by the pipes, which will gradually be spent. To keep them in good condition, you’re protecting the tires.
The valve caps are also of great importance as it prevents dust and dirt penetrate to inflate tires with compressed air accumulates. They are indispensable for driving on dirt roads or rainy days that ponding is prevalent. They are very cheap, do not forget to use them.
Bad driving habits
Have certain vices while driving is normal, but if you want to extend the life of tires, you should try to avoid specific patterns. The blows do not help the tires maintain their properties. Avoid climb curbs at speed or touching them. Slow down when going through speed bumps and ridges.
Aggressive driving is not advisable. Avoid sudden acceleration, hard braking, and cornering suddenly.
Avoid leaving the bike motionless
If you use the motorcycle sporadically, you must move to prevent the tires add up and end generating tremors while driving. Spin the wheels so that the support area varies to try to keep the roundness of the tires. Avoids, as far as possible, abrupt changes in temperature and direct sunlight because the rubber is dry and the life of the tires will be reduced.
Buy tires that do not offer guarantees is not saving; it is a risk. Take care of them and change them as needed. Remember that the first 100 / 200 km must drive gently to remove paraffin film applied by manufacturers to prevent deterioration during storage. Do not make movements, sudden braking, or accelerating. You’ll notice that after this period will increase tire grip capacity.
- 7 standard errors of…Driving speeding We love speed. The adrenaline rush […]
- ITV. Basic tipsNote that if it is a moped, you must do the first […]
- How heated grips for…Hands are exposed to speed and are one of the body […]
- Offenses dangerous r…No. 1 lead to inadequate speed The proper speed to […]
- How to choose the ta…For this reason, it is very important to know the […]
- 5 Implications of br…On the other hand, it is very important to choose the […]
- 5 ways to extend the…Check the tire pressure of the bike The tire […]
- 3 key oil your bikeThe lubricant forms a thin layer between two solid […]
- Choosing Motorcycle …The arrival of the cold and rain should not force you […]
- 9 tips to save gas w…Load gasoline morning In principle, it seems that when […]
- How to avoid problem…Almost all happened to us ever get on the bike and not […]
- How does heat the ti…This summer, there will be changes, and increased […]
- Types of tires for m…Types of tires by use 1 Tires off road Are the tires […]
- Motorcycle vacation.…To imagine a motorcycle trip recognize that they can […]
- 6 tips for keeping y…Cleaning the motorcycle is essential Clean the bike […]
- Marquez or Rossi who…
Yet another clash between the two pluricampioni happened in Misano GP in 2019 during the Saturday practice has inevitably brought to light the old rust. Read Max Farmer Blog. A duel that seems endless, now at a distance, between pilots of different generations who find themselves face to face again after a long time. This story has led many on-line magazines to publish articles of all kinds, talking about the new clash between the two phenomena that have dominated the last twenty years of motorcycling, the two Gauls who are still in the same chicken coop.[…]
- Everything you need …See and be seen is always important, especially if you […]
- 4 – Guide on h…The visor is a very important part of the helmet that […]
- 4 consequences of no…There are external factors that make it necessary to […]
- Filters for motorcyc…Filters are critical to prolonging the life of […]