Everything you need to know about your bike lightsProfessional opinion
See and be seen is always important, especially if you drive a motorcycle. The small size of the motorcycle facilitates maneuvering in traffic without being aware of what the driver is exposed to. Proper lighting will allow other drivers to see you, can perceive the space that occupies the bike, and be aware of the movements that you plan to make. By knowing your next move will be watching her.
Mandatory and optional lights on your bike
The General Vehicle Regulations provides for mandatory lighting on motorcycles and fulfill necessary when passing the ITV, to avoid penalties and to be always on the side of safety.
Lights are mandatory:
- The low beam or short-range is always mandatory use. The idea is that other drivers see you as soon as possible, both coming in the opposite direction as those in front of you and see you through the mirror. They also have the function illuminate the road which we circulate.
- The road lights or long-range only differ from previous ones in the greatest distance that are able to illuminate. It is important to avoid dazzling drivers coming in the opposite direction. We must consider moving from short-range lights to long and vice versa, as often as necessary, always with the aim of not dazzling and avoid accidents.
- # 3 The brake lights tell drivers coming behind us that we are operating the brake. Thus they have time to stop in time and not lead us ahead.
- Lights front and rear parking notified of our presence on the road and also the width having the bike so that the calculations to circulate more accurate.
- The direction indicator lights are mandatory and help anticipate the moves that made the bike. This is essential not to confuse the driver behind us and avoid the last moment.
- The not a triangular rear reflector is a device that indicates the presence of a vehicle by the reflection of the low beam, which must always be on. It is a way of making us visible to drivers behind.
- Plate light is illuminating the license plate, as in cars.
In mopeds, unlike motorcycles, they are mandatory crossing lights, rear braking position, the rear, and side reflex reflector. It is considered that having less than 50cc and can not exceed 45 km / h. The requirements should not be the same.
You can also provide your motorcycle fog lights, both front, and rear. These lights should be placed as low as possible for the best results. They are not only useful in the presence of fog, but also other adverse weather conditions.
Advantages and disadvantages of different types of lights for your bike
In halogen lamps, the electric current passes through a metal filament become red hot and gives off light. This filament is enclosed in an ampoule with halogen gas, prolonging its life and emitting white light and abundant. The slightly acidic pH of the skin damaged glass quartz sand with which the bulb is made for this reason must wear gloves to handle it.
This lighting system has improved over the years, and although they do not reach the intensity of xenon, it illuminates well, and its price is considerably lower. In Fast Bikes, we offer incredible deals on the top brands: Osram and Phillips.
LED lighting has become a technology that, for years, is incorporated into our daily lives. LEDs are diodes that conduct electricity when subjected to an electric current. A set of them gets a very powerful light. The light generated is white, and its consumption is significantly lower. All this combined with high durability makes the LEDs one of the best options for your bike.
Visibility when driving is essential, especially in a motorcycle where the driver is very exposed. It would help if you remembered the importance of cleaning the headlights of your bike so that the installed lighting is not reduced. This action is often neglected maintenance and notice the difference immediately realize it.
- Filters for motorcyc…Filters are critical to prolonging the life of […]
- 5 Signs that have pr…The brakes are not one of them. They depend on your […]
- How to choose the ta…For this reason, it is very important to know the […]
- Types of tires for m…Types of tires by use 1 Tires off road Are the tires […]
- Heated grips. Smooth…While the bike is associated with good weather, we […]
- Choosing Motorcycle …The arrival of the cold and rain should not force you […]
- 4 consequences of no…There are external factors that make it necessary to […]
- 3 key oil your bikeThe lubricant forms a thin layer between two solid […]
- ITV. Basic tipsNote that if it is a moped, you must do the first […]
- Everything you need …See and be seen is always important, especially if you […]
- 5 ways to extend the…Check the tire pressure of the bike The tire […]
- 6 tips for keeping y…Cleaning the motorcycle is essential Clean the bike […]
- How does heat the ti…This summer, there will be changes, and increased […]
- 9 tips to save gas w…Load gasoline morning In principle, it seems that when […]
- 7 standard errors of…Driving speeding We love speed. The adrenaline rush […]
- Motorcycle vacation.…To imagine a motorcycle trip recognize that they can […]
- 5 Implications of br…On the other hand, it is very important to choose the […]
- How heated grips for…Hands are exposed to speed and are one of the body […]
- Offenses dangerous r…No. 1 lead to inadequate speed The proper speed to […]
- How to avoid problem…Almost all happened to us ever get on the bike and not […]