Filters for motorcyclesBike tips
Filters are critical to prolonging the life of components motorbike engine . Its function, as its name implies, is to filter impurities that may be present in the fluids circulating within the engine. Studies have confirmed that impurities who reach the engine of the bike, either through the air or oil, are the cause of premature wear of the various components.
Air filter maintenance motorbike
All combustion engines work with the inclusion of gases to be burned inside the cylinders. The air is sucked and sprayed with fuel. The air filter must retain impurities in the air, which is generally powder. A clogged air filter prevents all fuel switch on when an unbalanced optimum air-fuel ratio. The result is a decrease in engine power.
The filter consists of a frame of rubber, plastic, or metal, and the filter element can be pleated paper, foam, or cotton fiber. On-road bikes usually, use the paper and must be replaced every 10,000 / 15,000 km, depending on the sites you’ve circulated. You can clean them every 5,000 km with a compressed air gun, but you must be very careful not to have cracks. They have a great filtering capacity.
In the motorcycle off-road is usually used air filter foam carrying several layers of filtering. Washable and this prolongs its life. You must use specific products, such as the K & N or Twin Air brands. It is important that before putting it back on the bike, the filter is completely dry. We recommend spraying with oil because, thus, its filtering capacity is increased.
The air filters cotton fiber is highly effective and can be washed. They also allow air to flow at high speed through them. They are impregnated in a specific oil to make them more efficient than paper filters.
Oil filter: how it works
The oil changes the bike is essential for proper engine operation. However, an oil change without filter replacement is not sufficient. Malfunctioning oil filter causes wear on internal engine parts, reducing its life. The low cost of this filter makes it recommended that you replace whenever you change the oil of your bike.
Remember that every bike needs a suitable model, the measure must be precise so that it can perform its function successfully.
It depends on how manufacturing two types of filters: sealing and cartridge. The filter seal was having a metal shell and an anti-draining valve that maintains a reserve of oil when the engine stops. The cartridge filters do not carry the engine casing and are responsible for fulfilling the function of the anti-draining valve.
Care cleaning fluids entering the motorbike engine, ensure that the engine power and optimum engine components lengthen its life. The filters are low-cost items that should be controlled and replaced periodically. Not worth exposing expensive components or diminish the power of our bike for neglecting the maintenance of the filters.
- How to avoid problem…Almost all happened to us ever get on the bike and not […]
- 9 tips to save gas w…Load gasoline morning In principle, it seems that when […]
- 4 – Guide on h…The visor is a very important part of the helmet that […]
- 5 ways to extend the…Check the tire pressure of the bike The tire […]
- 7 standard errors of…Driving speeding We love speed. The adrenaline rush […]
- Everything you need …See and be seen is always important, especially if you […]
- 5 Implications of br…On the other hand, it is very important to choose the […]
- 6 tips for keeping y…Cleaning the motorcycle is essential Clean the bike […]
- How does heat the ti…This summer, there will be changes, and increased […]
- Types of tires for m…Types of tires by use 1 Tires off road Are the tires […]
- Heated grips. Smooth…While the bike is associated with good weather, we […]
- 5 Signs that have pr…The brakes are not one of them. They depend on your […]
- Marquez or Rossi who…
Yet another clash between the two pluricampioni happened in Misano GP in 2019 during the Saturday practice has inevitably brought to light the old rust. Read Max Farmer Blog. A duel that seems endless, now at a distance, between pilots of different generations who find themselves face to face again after a long time. This story has led many on-line magazines to publish articles of all kinds, talking about the new clash between the two phenomena that have dominated the last twenty years of motorcycling, the two Gauls who are still in the same chicken coop.[…]
- How to choose the ta…For this reason, it is very important to know the […]
- Offenses dangerous r…No. 1 lead to inadequate speed The proper speed to […]
- ITV. Basic tipsNote that if it is a moped, you must do the first […]
- 3 key oil your bikeThe lubricant forms a thin layer between two solid […]
- 4 consequences of no…There are external factors that make it necessary to […]
- Filters for motorcyc…Filters are critical to prolonging the life of […]
- Motorcycle vacation.…To imagine a motorcycle trip recognize that they can […]