How to avoid problems with the battery of your bikeProfessional opinion
Almost all happened to us ever get on the bike and not to tear it. The first thing is to know what kind of battery is your bike, and you need maintenance or not. The second thing is to be aware of if we use the bike every day, weekends only, or just the warm months. Nothing lasts forever, but if you are aware of these variables can optimize battery life.
How does the battery of the bike work?
The battery is an energy storage device whose primary function is the start of the bike. This accumulation of energy is produced by an electrochemical process. The name “battery” comes from the concept of connecting a cell behind several others that work together and thus increase its ability to accumulate energy to be used later. Each cell is a kind of closed box where chemical reactions occur and are connected via terminals to the electrical system of the motorcycle. It is very important that the terminals are kept clean, as any object or particle generates a resistance, which will result in a worse engine starting a decrease in the efficiency of the electrical system. These reactions can not be repeated indefinitely. Over time batteries lose their ability until they lose their capacity completely.
If you know you will not use the bike over a long period of time, the most convenient is that you make periodic disconnect and monthly charges.
What battery should I choose for my bike?
There are several types of batteries from which you can choose. The traditional and most commonly used is those that require a periodic review of the liquid level called electrolyte, which is a mixture of distilled water and sulfuric acid. They are known as acid batteries, unsealed, and maintenance. In this case, a review every 5,000km or six months is recommended.
Also, they exist with acid, sealed, and maintenance-free. In this case, you should check the cleanliness of the terminals. Other possible batteries are gel are hermetically sealed sources. These batteries can be placed in any position and function similarly to a stack way. Bikes are recommended for small or medium displacement.
The lithium batteries are one of the best options in the market. They are much lighter than lead, more durable, and maintenance-free. Furthermore, these batteries are environmentally friendly since no lead- acid metals such as cadmium. The download is much slower than conventional, and, the gel may be placed in any position. The disadvantage of this product is the price compared to traditional.
There is a preconception that the batteries of bikes usually give more problems than cars. They are smaller, and this fact must be added to the frequency of use. A battery that is not used is discharged 0.15% per day, so just about making accounts and think about how much time has passed since the last time you used your bike. The best way to care is to prevent the batteries become fully charged and allow them periodically.
- ITV. Basic tipsNote that if it is a moped, you must do the first […]
- 5 Implications of br…On the other hand, it is very important to choose the […]
- 5 Signs that have pr…The brakes are not one of them. They depend on your […]
- How to choose the ta…For this reason, it is very important to know the […]
- Offenses dangerous r…No. 1 lead to inadequate speed The proper speed to […]
- 7 standard errors of…Driving speeding We love speed. The adrenaline rush […]
- 4 – Guide on h…The visor is a very important part of the helmet that […]
- How heated grips for…Hands are exposed to speed and are one of the body […]
- 3 key oil your bikeThe lubricant forms a thin layer between two solid […]
- Heated grips. Smooth…While the bike is associated with good weather, we […]
- 4 consequences of no…There are external factors that make it necessary to […]
- Everything you need …See and be seen is always important, especially if you […]
- How to avoid problem…Almost all happened to us ever get on the bike and not […]
- Choosing Motorcycle …The arrival of the cold and rain should not force you […]
- Filters for motorcyc…Filters are critical to prolonging the life of […]
- How does heat the ti…This summer, there will be changes, and increased […]
- 9 tips to save gas w…Load gasoline morning In principle, it seems that when […]
- 5 ways to extend the…Check the tire pressure of the bike The tire […]
- Types of tires for m…Types of tires by use 1 Tires off road Are the tires […]
- 6 tips for keeping y…Cleaning the motorcycle is essential Clean the bike […]