Types of tires for motorcyclesBike beauty
Types of tires by use
1 Tires off road
Are the tires used in motorcycle endurance, trial and motocross . They are designed to work at low pressures. They have very marked studs to provide grip on very soft ground. They are not suitable for use on asphalt since adherence would be minimal and quickly degrade.
These tires are completely smooth and are for exclusive use in competition . They are prepared to reach high temperatures, operating at low pressures and withstand high stresses. They are composed of soft rubber and have excellent adhesion, optimizing the lateral force generated in cornering on the racetrack.
3 Sports tires
Many of these tires have a center tread higher hardness to increase resistance road , while the sides are softer to improve adhesion. His life is not very long and are not effective on rainy days because the drawing is scarce.
4 Tires trail
Also called mixed , have a very deep drawing and a great relief that achieves excellent grip on asphalt and dirt roads. Life is prolonged as they are made of hard materials. They are working at a relatively low temperature and its main feature is that the rear tire has very wide drawings divided into blocks in order to provide better traction on soft ground .
5 Tires touring
Also called road tires , tires are recommended for urban journeys as the operating temperature is low. They have a great grip even if they are given a sporting use . They are made with hard rubber so they have a long lifetime. Remember that the rubber is a perishable material and thus loses its properties over time. It is important to have in mind the key points to know when to change tires .
6 Tires scooter
They usually have a smaller diameter and are designed to have a long life. They have a good performance without reaching high temperatures.
7 Specific tires
This group includes winter tires aimed at places where the cold is intense. Here we could also mention the studded tires that are exclusive ice and snow. In Barcelona these types of tires are not needed.
Sorting of tires according to the hardness
This classification is specific material composing each tire. Soft they are those used in competitions and are designed to grip on soft ground . They possess a high elasticity and consequently lower abrasion resistance which results in rapid wear . The media is the most common and have good adhesion-wear relationship. Hard are those that require a higher temperature to achieve optimal working conditions.
Types of tires according to their structure
This classification depends on the technology used for the production of tires. Currently most tires are radial , but until the mid-50s that were used were the diagonals. The latter are manufactured alternating different tissue layers are crossing and alternating, diagonally, giving great rigidity, but having a lateral stability can be considered the weak point of these tires. With the radio technology is fully breakdown functions sidewall and tire tread. The tire carcass. It is manufactured with a series of tissue layers radially, ranging from one bead of the tire to the other, directly, so as to form a tube which is guaranteed form. At the top are a number of fabrics, formed by metal cables intersect. Thus the flank gains in lightness and flexibility. These tires are heated less, they are safer and have a longer shelf life.
- ITV. Basic tipsNote that if it is a moped, you must do the first […]
- 3 key oil your bikeThe lubricant forms a thin layer between two solid […]
- 5 ways to extend the…Check the tire pressure of the bike The tire […]
- 6 tips for keeping y…Cleaning the motorcycle is essential Clean the bike […]
- 9 tips to save gas w…Load gasoline morning In principle, it seems that when […]
- Filters for motorcyc…Filters are critical to prolonging the life of […]
- Heated grips. Smooth…While the bike is associated with good weather, we […]
- Choosing Motorcycle …The arrival of the cold and rain should not force you […]
- Everything you need …See and be seen is always important, especially if you […]
- Types of tires for m…Types of tires by use 1 Tires off road Are the tires […]
- 5 Implications of br…On the other hand, it is very important to choose the […]
- Motorcycle vacation.…To imagine a motorcycle trip recognize that they can […]
- How heated grips for…Hands are exposed to speed and are one of the body […]
- How does heat the ti…This summer, there will be changes, and increased […]
- Offenses dangerous r…No. 1 lead to inadequate speed The proper speed to […]
- 5 Signs that have pr…The brakes are not one of them. They depend on your […]
- 7 standard errors of…Driving speeding We love speed. The adrenaline rush […]
- How to avoid problem…Almost all happened to us ever get on the bike and not […]
- 4 consequences of no…There are external factors that make it necessary to […]
- How to choose the ta…For this reason, it is very important to know the […]